The practice of prenatal yoga is a wonderful way to celebrate your pregnancy and prepare for childbirth.
If you have not practiced yoga before, this is the perfect time to start! You do not need previous experience and there are many benefits for both you and your baby. If you have practiced yoga before, this is the good time to adjust your practice in recognition of your changing needs during this special time in your life.
The prenatal yoga practice is specifically designed to address the tremendous physical, emotional, mental and spiritual changes experienced during pregnancy. Prenatal yoga invites you to explore and embrace these changes and to connect with your innate maternal wisdom, feminine nature and internal serenity. The prenatal yoga practice accomplishes this in various ways: deepening pelvic floor awareness, exploring first and second chakra energies, incorporating flowing, cooling movements, utilizing the power of breath, deepening body awareness, visualization, vocalization, and meditation. But, most importantly, prenatal yoga is an opportunity for you to be a part of a mother sangha (community) where you will benefit from the company, wisdom, experiences and support of other moms-to-be... perhaps building friendships and support networks for you and your baby that will last for many years to come.
- Overall toning, alignment and strengthening.
- Reduction of common discomforts of pregnancy such as back and hip pain, leg cramps, insomnia, difficulty getting a full breath, muscle soreness and more.
- Preparation for childbirth and beyond.
- Improved circulation and digestion.
- Reduced stress and a relaxed body and mind.
- A gentle massage for your baby.
- Practice of movements that promote a more easeful childbirth and optimal positioning of your baby.
- A time to connect with your growing baby.
Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Class Schedule
Classes held at:
QUEST YOGA ARTS
11-13 Main Street
Mt. Kisco, NY
- Saturdays: 11:30am -12:45pm with Kelly
- Wednesdays: 1:00pm - 2:15pm with Danielle
- Thursdays: 7:00pm - 8:15pm with Shelly
- Thursdays: 1:00pm - 2:00pm with Danielle